URBAN COMMUNITY FARM
Featuring experimental hydroponics
FOR ALL GRADES & AGES
Urban Community Farm
IWMF’s Urban Community Farm was initiated in 2018 with the goal of advancing urban agriculture. We have a vision for a local, ecologically driven, urban farm that could offer city dwellers the freshest and highest quality fruits and vegetables, year-round, at low prices and employment opportunities. It was inspired by innovation and technology, driven by a sense of duty to address community wellness and ecological issues facing our agricultural system, and motivated by a foundation’s penchant for challenge.
Our Aims …
- Promote a diversity of approaches to sustainable gardening
- Encourage co-operation, education and community involvement centered around organic gardening
- Share and develop knowledge and practice of organic gardening
- Promote well-being by providing access to garden space and to public gathering spaces
- Encourage and maintain a sustainable method of bio-diverse gardening
Our volunteers can include:
- Senior Citizens
- Neighborhood Associations
- Youth Groups
- Church Groups
Interested in helping with this program?
Mentorship is proven to increase retention, persistence, and graduation of student participants. This high-quality, high-impact mentoring program provides a unique E-STEM platform between mentor and student through an interactive and personalized curriculum.
To get involved in this life-changing and ground-breaking program, apply below. Be someone who matters to someone who matters, and mentor a college student! Click the box below.
If you are a youth or parent seeking a program that can provide academic tutoring, college/career planning, 21st-century work skill knowledge, mentoring, or just a place to be challenged and grow? Contact us with any questions? … Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org